Thursday, November 25, 2010

Things I inherited from my mother

As I spent the day today organizing my files and filing my stacks of papers, I realized that I am more like my mother everyday. Why do I hang on to papers? I mean really, I finally shredded my 1995 taxes and the titles to cars that I haven't owned for years. I know that I got this trait from my mother. She has the largest safety deposit box, yet it is stuffed full. I had to laugh at her and dad argue over why she put certain things in the box. She brought home a lot from the box to finally organize and he was eager to criticize. HELLO, have you looked in the back yard, garage, or shed?
I would much rather hang on to old papers than to a huge satellite dish that has no use, a rusty old van that hasn't been used for years, an old horse trailer stacked full of stuff, a huge rusty dump truck, etc. etc.

OK maybe I got the hoarding trait from him. Sorry mom! However, she does have stacks of papers and post-its all over as well. None the less I managed to empty 3 drawers from my filing cabinet and condense it into one small tote for files. I'm so proud!

Yes I know, what a fun way to spend my day off. It does however beat going out in the freezing cold.

Back to things I inherited from my mother, (yes I'm ADD)
-I often say or do things she did that I swore I would never do to my kids
-Not wanting to except help from others
-The I will do it myself attitude
-Bennett ears
-Slow metabolism
-The need for post-its in order to remember things
-etc.etc.
I'm too sleepy to go on.

I love my mom, I'm glad that I finally grew up and realized that she is mostly right.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Sleep tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment