Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bah Humbug!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Man don't you love the holidays when you are broke. There is a 10 pound weight that has been lifted off my shoulders now that the divorce is final. I can't say that it is fun going from a 5 letter last name to 13 letters again, especially when you constantly are asked if you are related to people that you don't want to claim.

It is however replaced with the weight on my shoulders of the holidays. How do you provide Christmas for 4 children when you are broke? They all need shoes and winter boots. That's a couple hundred dollars that I don't have. Why can't they grow at a slower pace?

Not to mention trying to scrounge up money for presents. In the past I have relied on credit to help with Christmas.(shame on me) I now have no credit cards to use. (good for me) This is a double edge sword for me. I am happy to not have to stress over a payment here and a payment there, however it leaves me depressed that there is nothing to lean on.

One paycheck and 4 hardy eating kiddos is difficult. I barely make rent, utilities, and groceries.
Where is that damn money tree? I guess the money flew away in the blizzard today. It sucks to have to tell them that santa will not be visiting our house this year. It also sucks that I couldn't afford a present for my sister on her birthday.

Bah Humbug! Bah humbug!

Not only does it suck to be poor, but many of our traditions are being altered due to family disagreements. Can't we just skip to May so we can hide up in the mountains for the summer?

Well sorry for the whining. I will have to continue telling the kiddos that we are lucky to have each other, shelter, food, and a wonderful family. Hopefully that will lessen any disappointment in their eyes Christmas morning.

Sweet Dreams!

1 comment:

  1. Your sister got a gift. Homemade cards, lunch and a movie. More than enough. As for boots, have them wear walmart bags over their shoes. ;) Christmas will be fine, they have just been spoiled in the past. They will be fine because they have such a great momwho loves them.

    ReplyDelete